We were created from a Midwestern work ethic and an honest, open approach to doing business. Founded in 1991 by a father-son duo, the Chief team has grown to be a prominent player in the on and off-road vehicular markets. And with over a quarter century experience, we have proven to be the key connection between our suppliers & customers providing unparalleled service & innovation.
To provide superior design, engineering, and distribution solutions for today's electro-mechanical component needs and tomorrow's technological advances.
- Chief was founded by Jim "The Chief" Gabelman and his son Andy Gabelman. The pair began their journey in the metals industry, providing custom signs across the country.
- Chief was contracted by Bosch™ to handle a wiper blade project and from there the two formed a trusted relationship.
- After proving themselves as a valuble partner, Chief became the sole North American Distributor of Bosch™ Connector Parts.
- Chief was then granted authorized distributorship of Bosch™ Automotive Relays.
- When Bosch™ sold their relay line to TE Electronics in 2006, Chief was contracted to continue to support current Bosch™ customers.
- As Chief established their presence in the motor vehicle industry, they decided to expand their product offering. In 2008, Chief expanded their line card to include power distribution and protection.
- Chief Mexico is established supporting over 400 Bosch™ Gasoline System products.
- Chief designs and produces their own line of power distribution products, known as the BRIC®
- Chief expands BRIC® family with the completely customizable BRIC® Fusion.